Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Before its too Late

Dont you love life. So random but how easy is it for us not to take life as a gift, each day as a second chance or a new start. Like life is a melody in c then the minor chord is hit and we regret not making a smooth chord transition to it so instead of ruining the song it complimented it. But it always comes randomly and breaks up the perfect melody.

Just the other day I was confronted with the fact my Dad had, had a massive accident and was in hospital. The instant thoughts of how why when whats wrong just explode in a series of rapid painful seconds as the thought of your perfect life song being interrupted with a minor chord of all proportions.

As I thought of the worst I suddenly regretted so many moments in my life I had wasted fighting, disagreeing and being a teenager to my dad. It kinda gave me that off note in my rather small symphony of life and woke me up again that LIFE is a gift and every moment with loved ones is irreplaceable.

Basically praising God in the middle of this was so hard. It turned out that Dad was spared so much worse damage and I honestly give all glory to my heavenly Father for that but I got to thinking. Making the most of my time with my heavenly Dad is just as important as my earthly dad. Every day when I go by without even speaking to him or connecting with him is an opportunity wasted. And in the hardest times of life to connect with DAD in heaven and praise him for the minor chord of all minor chords in life is so hard because our perspective is set on the world not on him.

God is the best Dad and when we go by and forget to spend time with him its like we are deliberately giving up the best opportunity of a life time. None of us would say no to a billion dollars for free why do we say no to Dad in heaven who is all that and more who loves you so much. Praising Dad weather life is playing in C or in B#minor becomes so easy when we know who he is and how much he loves us because we naturally will trust him with the big picture and just thank him for that alone.

Today tomorrow and for the rest of your life: live life each day to the fullest, make the most of every opportunity, chill with Dad each day, never stay angry at anyone specially not loved ones, smile and laugh, and PRAISE HIM
x

1 comment: