Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Yet I will praise him

yetiwillpraiseHIM
|Yet I will praise him|
|Lets break it down ol school -
Yet: Being the start of my life changing phrase
I: well thats me
will: meaning I’m choosing for better or worse that praising God is my first and only response to life.
Praise: Defined as: Especially, the joyful tribute of gratitude or homage rendered to the Divine Being; the act of glorifying or extolling the Creator; worship, particularly worship by song, distinction from prayer and other acts of worship; as, a service of praise. -  Basically me thanking God, trusting God and basically joyfully enduring all that comes my way each day.
Him: being God my creator, my saviour, my reason to live, my hope, my dad, my king, my everything, my waking, my sleeping, my daily life, my hurt, my joy, my sorrow, my laughter, my fear, my peace, my failures, my successes. HE IS GOD|
Basically, each day I make a choice that no matter the circumstances or happening of the day good or bad I am going to be thankful to God, trust his plan and laugh a bit :). In the little while I have tried this its amazing how easy it is to do when my day is great and how quickly I have to remind myself again that its not the circumstances of life that need to change my response to God its God and he never changes so neither should I stop being grateful for each day I have.
For me making a deliberate choice to take a positive look on life sets my perspective in the right place and when that is good I find my days are better. Im not perfect and Im not saying this solves lifes issues and its bad to be sad or its wrong to be upset about something but when life gets you down try thanking God and thinking of the stuff you got to be thankful for.

A LIL BIT O PRAISE GOES DOWN A TREAT
“Thought our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.” C.S.Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment